Dr. Uzick specializes in Integrative Oncology. He is a Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO). As such, he’s one of a handful of Naturopathic physicians board certified in Naturopathic oncology. He develops an individualized treatment plan for each patient based on their unique history. He takes an evidence- based approach, guided by the best available published research and clinical experience.
Individualized Treatment Plans
On the basis of a thorough medical history, Dr. Uzick designs an individualized natural treatment plan. Every plan is specific for:
- Type and stage of cancer (e.g. breast, prostate, colon, lung and stages I- IV).
- Conventional treatments (specific chemotherapeutic agents and orradiotherapy a patient may be undergoing).
- Other individual aspects of the patient and their health.
Evidence Based Approach
Treatment plans are comprised of elements which have the best evidence of potential benefit. The purpose of therapeutic elements are to significantly affect the following:
- Enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapy and radiation
- Reduce or eliminate the toxicities/side effects of conventional therapies
- Reduce the chance of reoccurrences
- Growth inhibitory effects (not a substitute for chemotherapy, surgery, and/or radiation
- Reduction of pain & improved quality of life.
Dr. Uzick incorporates a number of therapeutic elements including:
- Diet & Lifestyle
- Intravenous therapy – High dose Vitamin C
- Botanical medicine – (mistletoe)
- Circadian rhythms
- Immune enhancement